Wednesday 24 September 2014

Swimming with Dolphins

This is one of my all time (Bucket List) things I had to do in my life.
 
And I finally managed it I went to Orlando Florida with my other half back last year in May. This was an amazing holiday where we spent 2 weeks in a Disney resort with 14 day tickets to Disney and 14 day tickets to Universal Studios.
 
I only had one request for this holiday and that was to swim with dolphins.
Scott decided to treat me to a day at discovery cove and oh my god it was amazing (apart from the early wake up call)
 
We arrived on the Saturday the best thing about Discovery Cove is that they limit the amount of people in the attraction to 1000 people.
 
 
We were signed in and given a name tag (as I call it) an identification badge.
This had our photo on it and also the time and location for our dolphin encounter.
 
We had the morning free so we decided to make full use of the snorkel provided and went in to the man made lagoon they had which was full to the brim with tropical fish and sting rays no joke the rays were as wide as I could stretch my arms.
 
 
There was also a pool which had sharks in it but this was sectioned off by glass so we didn't get bitten or encounter a shark when turning a corner.
 
 
We had lunch about an hour before our dolphin encounter as neither of us wanted to be sick from eating a few minutes before going in the water.

The next bit will stay with me forever. We got in to the lagoon and a dophin came swimming up to use we got to stroke the dolphin and feed it a fish. We then got to swim out to the middle of the lagoon and this dolphin jumped over our heads one at a time we then held on to the dolphins dorsel fin and then shot back to the shallow end with the dolphin.
Then it was time for photos we had a couples photo taken by the dolphin and also single photos taken where we got to kiss the dolphin also.
 
 
We then finished our dolphin encounter and we went back in to the lagoon for about another hour. We then dried in the sun and got changed before going to look at our photos with the dolphins we ended up purchasing more photos than expected and also had the opportunity to purchase more when we arrived back in the UK which we did for both sets of parents (well mum's to be honest).
 
This was one of the most perfect holidays I could ever have dreamed of and I would love to re-live it again and again.
 
Love LauraAmanda

No comments:

Post a Comment