Thursday 28 August 2014

Dragon Boating (Racing)

For all my sin's I have join 15 Ladies from my company to compete in a local Dragon Boat Race for charity.
 
I didn't realise how painful this sport would be and how much my body would ache. My whole body aches after our training sessions and it takes my muscles a few days to get over it.
 
This is a photo on the day we started training (look how happy we look)
 
 
 
We have had 4 training session's on a Monday evening which we really worked hard at we even had a mini competition between the men and women. (Which a lot of us were against) we knew the men would win as they have a lot more power then us just no rhythm or timing!
 
RACE DAY


So today is the day!!  race day... I am so nervous a lot of pride is a steak and boasting opportunities. The ladies are in Baby Pink T-Shirts and the men in Baby Blue.
The atmosphere is good a lot of people have turned out to watch and cheer on their friends and family.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment